Fridays - 16h to 18h
9 APRIL to 25 JUNE
THE ART OF THE BUFFOON
The actor as a professional detractor...
Regular course of immersion into the art of the buffoon.
Body and dramatic training aimed towards creating your own monologue. We will investigate the grotesque and the magical as one, to discover the buffoon himself, his body and vocal grammar. We will take as a starting point the characters from Alice in Wonderland to build a contemporary Oneiric Buffoon in the context of COVID19.
The body in crisis. Humor as a distorted mirror of social reality. The impulse to provoke and parody. The voice of the grotesque and the beautiful. Character and Enneagram (the Buffoon's celebrated sin). Scenic composition. Imaginary and dreamlike universe. Improvisation. Theatrical actions. Movement score. Animal language as a dramatic footprint. The facial mask. The broken, the ugly and the wonderful. Dramaturgy.
- Three-month workshop of 24h
- ONLINE & IN-VENUE Modes.
- Hours: Fridays 16h to 18h (time in Spain)
- Start of the course: 9 APR
- Last day of class: 25 JUN
- Final show of the works in the official program of Oracles Theatre with a in-venue perfomance or live streaming for online mode.
- Price: 180€
- Workshop aimed at creating a buffoon monologue based on a character form Alice in Wonderland.
- No previous experience in performing arts is needed.